Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

bow sights
Last Post 27 Dec 2008 08:31 PM by rebel deer hunter. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
13 Dec 2008 12:00 AM  
Im looking for a new bow sight for my fred bear game over, used truglow in the past and liked them, thinking about the tru glo tru site xtreme 5 pin, its $44.99 and basspro, anyone have any reccomendations or ever used this site?
SOUTHERN PRIDE
silenthunter
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
13 Dec 2008 03:20 PM  
I haven`t used this sight but have seen it and it does look nice.
BIG RED
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
13 Dec 2008 05:05 PM  
used tru-glow yaers ago.now use copper jhn deadnuts-pro.alot better built sight.2-way adjustment,3 or 5 pin sight.you can also get it in .019 or.029 fibers.it may cost alittle more but,well worth the money.
life member nahc,nafc,amvets.
cfiloteo3
6 Point
6 Point

--
14 Dec 2008 04:55 PM  
I haven't used that sight before, but I have a Truglo on my bow and I love it. The small light helps out when it gets dark and is fun to shoot with it on.
Crystal City,
Zavala County,
Deep South Texas
JakeGreider
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
26 Dec 2008 02:41 AM  
I must agree with Big Red, the Copper John has the same basic design, but is more stable and the difference for adjustment, pin selection (.019, .029) is a big plus for any hunter, or casual archer. As for the light mentioned by cf, you can get a light for around 5 bucks to fit on the Copper John's, might need a slight thread tap, but any pro shop should be able and willing to do this no charge or problem. The round aperture for the sight makes it easier to square up in the peep sight, and ensure a clear, stable sight picture for better overall performance. As the sight you mentioned is around the 44.99 range, the Dead Nuts is only 15-20 more, has a great resale, and longer overall life. I think you should atleast look into the sight, can't tell you what to and not to shoot that is personal preference, but I think you will be pleased at the overall outlook, design, and ultimate performance of the Copper John.
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
27 Dec 2008 03:04 AM  
yea but for around the same price I could buy the trophy ridge fire fox, or flat linner sight, but im not looking to spend that much $ on a bow sight that i only hunt with for a month outa a year when i could use tru-glo. I like the tru glo sights never had a problem with them
SOUTHERN PRIDE
JakeGreider
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
27 Dec 2008 03:35 AM  
As I said, personal preference. I can attest to the fact that more hunters who are willing to spend the 50-60 range on a sight choose the Copper John over the Trophy Ridge and Flat liner..I still feel in the long run you would find an overall better performance, and find a higher recover/killing shot rate on longer shots with the Copper John..but again as I said personal preference..shoot what you are comfortable with, and what you feel you are going to be the most successful with in the prime time situations when the shot matters most.
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
27 Dec 2008 08:31 PM  
yea, ive used the truglo sight that cost like $30 and never had a problem with it, just needed a sight that has more pins and a bubble level on it and tru glo has it with a light for a reasonable price, thanks for the advice thought, ill let yall know how it does when i buy it
SOUTHERN PRIDE
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!