Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Sights?
Last Post 04 Aug 2007 02:02 AM by ks_hunter. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Vandy
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
01 Aug 2007 09:13 PM  

Going to be buying a new set-up next year and was wondering which sights you all have used and liked.  I'm not interested in electronic or pendulum sights.  Thanks for your input.

howard
6 Point
6 Point

--
01 Aug 2007 09:19 PM  

Personally I like the Trophy Ridge Flatliner. I prefer vertical pins to horozontal. And the flatliner  is easy to adjust and the price is right.

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime.
Vandy
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
01 Aug 2007 11:13 PM  
Yeah, I currently use the Trophy Ridge Matrix and like it a lot, but might give something else a shot next year.
ks_hunter
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
01 Aug 2007 11:33 PM  
look for sights that are made of all metal componites thats just my imput 
emmac13
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
03 Aug 2007 12:56 AM  
I was looking into a new one myself.  I was really interested in Trophy Ridge but when researching I found negative feedback that made sense.  When the sun is in front of you it is hard to tell the difference between the pins since they are all on the same line of sight.  All you will see is a dark shadow and the top of the 20 yrd. pin.  Second, some said they can not judge how high or low they are on a shot.  Third, those who are use to the horizontal have a hard time converting to vertical.  After finding this out I did not want to take a gamble on someting I would not be comfortable with and reason one would plain $uck if it happened with a big buck.  So I got the Extreme.  Very bright horizontal pins.  All aluminum at a good price.
Whitetail101
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
03 Aug 2007 03:02 AM  
I currently use a CopperJohn Deadnuts Hunter Pro sight and love it.

I have used this sight for over 5 years now, and like it for the following reasons.

1. Easy to install and setup

2. Integrated horizontal bubble level - for peace of mind that I'm not canting the bow.

3. All metal construction for durabilty and stability - I am especially hard on my equipment and need something that will withstand the punishment that I am capable of doling out while hunting.

good luck
Todd Segner
5 year Buckmasters Member,Life Member NAHC/NAFC
Member NAFA,VP-Archery ICB&GC
PSE,Mossy Oak, TruBall Releases, Browning, S & M Archery, HIP Targets, Budget Outdoors, Rage Broadheads, On Target2
Phoenix
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
03 Aug 2007 05:25 PM  
you can't go wrong with HHA or Impact Archerys sights, all are aluminum construction with ultra bright Pins in every configuration you may want. i personally use Impact Archery sights on my bows.
To Hunt or Not to Hunt, that is the question? While your pondering that, i'll be in the woods. My Values are the Army Values; Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, Personal Courage.
Pfc. Chris Smith
ks_hunter
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
04 Aug 2007 02:02 AM  
im with whitetail 101 cause that the kindof sights i shoot with
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!