Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Any advantage to broadhead alignment??
Last Post 24 Oct 2008 01:22 AM by ontarioben. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
spanky
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
13 Oct 2008 05:43 PM  
I've talked to a few different hunters and some of them will align their broadheads with the fletches. I bought some very small rubber orings and added them to my arrows to allow me to line them up. I'm shooting Muzzy 125's with a Parker 150 crossbow.
What are your thoughts on alignment????
Mark L Smith
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
13 Oct 2008 09:06 PM  
ive never heard of lining blades to fletchings
SOUTHERN PRIDE
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
13 Oct 2008 10:42 PM  
I shoot a Horton Summit 150 crossbow,2219 aluim. bolts and 125 grn 3 blade muzzy and they fly great with out lininning up the fletch and blades.I have heard of it but like I said mine works just fine with out it.Good luck.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
ontarioben
6 Point
6 Point

--
14 Oct 2008 01:11 AM  
It does`nt matter about alignment b/c they have 2 & 4 blade broadheads and you can`t align those too well with 3 fletchings can you. I think they fly better when they`re offset a little bit.
spanky
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
14 Oct 2008 04:13 AM  
Posted By ontarioben on 10/13/2008 7:11 PM
It does`nt matter about alignment b/c they have 2 & 4 blade broadheads and you can`t align those too well with 3 fletchings can you. I think they fly better when they`re offset a little bit.

I'm shooting the 3 blade so it's very easy to align them. I wouldn't have asked if I was shooting 2 or 4 blade.

Mark L Smith
Heartshot
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
15 Oct 2008 01:18 AM  
the reason for alignment is consistancy,the reason for that is accuracy.You can align broadheads of any configuration ,just do all of them the same.
CarnesE8
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
15 Oct 2008 01:37 AM  
I have herd a few people doing this. I myself have never done it. My question to those who sware by it is...Isn't a properly tuned bow suposed to be able to shooot a bear shaft? Answer is YES. That being the case why should broadhead and fletch alignment be a consern?
ontarioben
6 Point
6 Point

--
15 Oct 2008 01:39 AM  
well spanky you asked for opinions and that`s what I gave you, I was just saying that it doesn`t matter if they are or not . I only shoot 3 blades and non of mine are aligned with the fletchings or even the same and they fly exactly the same , as long as your bow is in tune you shouldn`t have any problems.
J.Dworek
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
23 Oct 2008 11:40 PM  
I shoot a Barnett Revolution with 22" Carbon Xpress bolt's I align the blade's to the fletching, just a secure thing for me I guess.
ontarioben
6 Point
6 Point

--
24 Oct 2008 01:22 AM  
It`s whatever your comfortable shooting, if it makes you feel more secure to align them then by all means do.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!