Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

summit treestand cables
Last Post 29 Sep 2008 01:20 AM by ontarioben. 5 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
kitterick
6 Point
6 Point

--
27 Sep 2008 03:44 PM  
not that I am trying to tempt the fates and climb with bad cables, but how many years should you get out of these cables....I had mine for 2 years and they started to look rusty under the protective conduit....anyway I did buy new ones but I would think they should last more than 2 years.

I mean I only hunted 20-30 times and left the stand out for one rainy weekend....during a 2 year period...

whatcha think?
DRENALIN
SIDEWINDER LX
AXIS ST
G5 STRIKER
Bowhuntersrave
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
28 Sep 2008 02:30 AM  
Mine are also the same except I use my stand alot. I bought some heat shrink tubing and recoated my cables.
www.bowhuntersrave.com
Preserving our bowhunting heritage
Free Quaker Boy Turkey Calls Login today
ontarioben
6 Point
6 Point

--
28 Sep 2008 05:57 PM  
It only takes a little bit of water to get the oxidation process started and once it starts it doesn`t stop. Personally I wouldn`t use those cables bc how far under the coating did the rust travel? I have a Hunter`s View and it`s cables were exposed to just a steady rain and they`re showing signs of oxidizing, what I did was I soaked the ends in mineral oil, slows down rust formation also water beads off when exposed.
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
28 Sep 2008 09:11 PM  
I never had a climber with cables, mine had the straight edge that cut to the tree
SOUTHERN PRIDE
kitterick
6 Point
6 Point

--
29 Sep 2008 01:08 AM  
my biggest concern is that there is no way to tell how far in to the cables the oxidation is....obviously the safe route is to purchase new cables....this year I wont leave it out in the rain like I did last year...

I just did not expect to see rust THAT soon.

kitterick
DRENALIN
SIDEWINDER LX
AXIS ST
G5 STRIKER
ontarioben
6 Point
6 Point

--
29 Sep 2008 01:20 AM  
I bet if you cut open the protective covering it will probably be filled with rust. Water has a way of snaking it`s way through the tiniest of places. Good luck and safe hunting
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!