Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Thinkin about a diamond.
Last Post 15 Oct 2008 12:30 PM by jeffd. 13 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
deer_hunter_08
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
02 Sep 2008 09:34 AM  
I have recently been lookin at the Diamond bows. I was wondein if anyone has any feedback on the Diamond The Rock bow. I also dont kno what kind of broadheads to get. I was thinkin about the rage 3 blades but i have seen a lot of good and bad feedback so i really dont kno about them and i dont want to pay almost 40$ for them to not drop a deer or have bad trails. If anyone has any suggestions on broadheads ( mechinical or fixed) I would appreciate that too.
paulie
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
02 Sep 2008 06:38 PM  
As far as the bow, sorry, no help here. But, as for broadheads, I personally shoot thunderheads by "NAP"(new archery products). I love em, they fly good, leave a decent blood trail, and most importantly, they make quick kills!! Their pretty inexpensive($35 for a six pack), they come in three sizes, 85gr, 100gr, and125gr. If you dont like those you could try a two blade like the "magnus stinger". I havent used them myself but, Ive never heard anything but good about them!! I hope this helps(at least with the broadhead part).
paulie
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
02 Sep 2008 06:42 PM  

As far as the bow, sorry, no help here. But, as for broadheads, I personally shoot thunderheads by "NAP"(new archery products). I love em, they fly good, leave a decent blood trail, and most importantly, they make quick kills!! Their pretty inexpensive($35 for a six pack), they come in three sizes, 85gr, 100gr, and125gr. If you dont like those you could try a two blade like the "magnus stinger". I havent used them myself but, Ive never heard anything but good about them!! I hope this helps(at least with the broadhead part).
paulie
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
02 Sep 2008 10:28 PM  
Thunderheads are a fixed blade head, they have three(replaceable)blades. If you go to "cabela's" website "www.cabelas.com" you can find a wide variety of different broadheads(fixed and expandable). You can also read customer reviews for most of them.
thwack
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
09 Sep 2008 08:58 PM  
i love my diamond but watch your string already replaced mine i shoot the black ice 71 lbs with 29 inche draw groups perfect everytime note about string: serving on the top cam came completly undone bought HM custom bowstring waiting for 9-20-08 ti thwack another
AndyC
6 Point
6 Point

--
10 Sep 2008 04:55 AM  
Don't go cheap on broadheads. Want to tell me you will spend $500 on a bow. 10 per arrow and then put a crummy braod head on the tip. You should just think that about $10 per head is what you are goin to pay.

One head = one dead deer.

Personally I am useing Rage 2 blades. However find what you like best and what shoots good from your bow. But don't go cheap.

Good luck
kitterick
6 Point
6 Point

--
11 Sep 2008 09:27 PM  
I agree with AndyC
DRENALIN
SIDEWINDER LX
AXIS ST
G5 STRIKER
paulie
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
12 Sep 2008 04:16 AM  
I dont believe you have to pay top dollar for broadheads. The thunderheads I shoot are six bucks each, and they get the job done very well! Granted, I've only shot three deer with a bow(all with thunderheads), but I killed all of them clean(and quick). I know other guys who use them that have shot dozens of deer, and never lost one! If you put the shot where it needs to be your gonna kill you prey! I know, everybody likes what they like, and we all have our own opinions. But more money does'nt necesarily mean better! I'm not knockin the rage broadheads, I'm simply saying, you dont need to spend top dollar to make quick clean kills!
dccarroll17
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
01 Oct 2008 07:00 AM  
Redneck I bought the rock a couple of months ago and I have enjoyed it alot! I had a shoulder problem that wouldn't go away so i cranked it down as low as I could around 57 pounds and was still shooting 276 fps with the carbon express cheetah arrow. Im not sure what i am shooting now with it turned up but the reason why i bought it was for the short axle to axle lenth it has because stalking in the brush of east Texas you need something small. The bow string is the only negative I have found, it seems to dry out quickly so you will need to wax it quite often and for broadheads I think you get what you pay for but its your own personal oppinion of what you like.
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
01 Oct 2008 02:04 PM  
never shot a diamond, but for broadheads the nap 100gr thunderheads and wasp sst hi tech hammer 100gr are nice, razor sharp and fly true. both are around $36 for a 6 pack
SOUTHERN PRIDE
Heartshot
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
01 Oct 2008 06:06 PM  
my broadheads are of the "rock" variety,different cherts and flints,they also kill quick and clean.My flint knife also does a great job of field dressing too.
J.Dworek
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
09 Oct 2008 10:49 PM  
My son shoot's a Triumph Diamond bow he love's it he's wanting to sell it to go up to the General or Marquis model's,as far as broadhead's we both use the Cabela's Lazer Supreme in 100 grain or 125 grain they are just as good as the top brands that are out there, the proof is showing on are wall's,moose,elk,an deer from them broadhead's.
CarnesE8
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
15 Oct 2008 01:48 AM  
as fr as the Diamond question. Buy it. Diamond is an excelent bow regardless of the model. As far as fixed versus mechanical. IMO here it goes. If you are considering shooting a mechanical I have 3 questions for you. These are all 1-10 scale questions. ON a scale of 1-10 ten being the most conserned How worried are you about the possibility of a mechanical not opening? Next on a scale of 1-10 how confident are you that you bow has enough kenetic energy to have enough penetration AFTER the 15% energy loss required to theorreticaly open the blades. Last on a scale of 1-10 If you mechanical doesnt open and you dont get proper penetration from the use of a mechanical how well can you follow a blood trail with less then desirable blood loss? If you can answer all these questions with confidence then I wuold by all means go with a mechanical. My recommendation reguarding a mechanical head would be the Rage 2 blade. I have herd quite a few stories of the 3 blade not opening even after the so call "fix" reguarding thta problem. I have only herd one not opening with the 2 blade. I myself am a fixed blade shooter. I have shot thunderhead,muzzy and not G5 montec's All are very good heads. The Montec is the most true/accurate of the heads. However it isnt as sharp as I would like. Hope this helps.
jeffd
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
15 Oct 2008 12:30 PM  
I shoot the Diamond Black Ice; the best bow I've ever shot. As far as broadheads go, I shoot the rage 3 blade and I've never had a problem with them, the last deer I shot went right thru the shoulder blade. The blades weren't even bent. You will hear good and bad things about all of the broadheads out there. It's more of a personal preference. Find one that you like and that shoots good, that's the most important factor in making a decision on broadheads. You may have to buy several different brands before you find one that shoots good for you. I like the fixed blades but I had trouble finding one that would shoot good. I got sick of spending money on different brands so I settled with the rage. They've outperformed any broadhead that I've ever shot; fixed blade or mechanical.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!