Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

sighting in your bow
Last Post 28 Feb 2012 07:03 PM by pinetree. 10 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
J.Nev
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
24 Apr 2008 03:54 AM  
I have a G5 sights for my element bear bow. I have my sights sighted in to
20 yards 30 yards and 40 yards, but when I shoot 25 yards I use the 20 yard
sight but it’s to low then I use a 30 yard sight but it’s to high. Same when
its 45 yards I use 40 yard sight it’s to low 50-yard sight to high. What
should I do so that its right on at 20 yards 25 yards 30 yards 35 yards 40
yards and etc.?
ontarioben
6 Point
6 Point

--
03 May 2008 02:58 AM  
try centering in between pins ie. for 25yds center the intended point of impact between your 20 & 30 yard pins it should be close if not dead on.
Tom Sinnott
6 Point
6 Point

--
03 May 2008 04:29 AM  
Yeah there is a lot of adjusting in sighting one in without moving pins. If you have 2 rails on your sight where you could pull them in close at 5 yard increments then it would just be a mess of pins stacked on top of each other. I would stick to the ten yard increments...
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin
PINETREE
8 Point
8 Point

--
13 May 2008 08:53 PM  
KENTUCKY WINDAGE...........OR GET A FASTER BOW...ARE YOU USEING ALUM ARROWS OR CARBON??? I WENT TO CARBON ARROWS A FEW YEARS AGO AND PICKED UP ALOT OF SPEED...
MIKE EVERETT
lisa
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
14 Aug 2008 07:57 AM  
I utry se a 2000 pro hunter bow sight it is a single pin adjustable sight you start by setten your target @ 10 yards and adjust it to hit dead center @10 yards and it comes with stick on yardage markers from 10 to 50 yards once you are dead on @ 10 YARDS APPLY THE STICKEY BACK YARDAGE MARKER AND MOVE OUT TO 20 -30- OR HOWEVER FAR YOU FEEL COMFERTIABLE SHOOTING TO MAKE A FAST CLEAN KILL, FOR ME IT IS 30 YARDS MAX THAT I shoot I like a good lung shot at 10 yeards but I do practice at 20- 25-30 yards also with keeping my arrows in a 3" inch group at all yardages out to 30 yards. if you range objects from your stand or ground blind when that deer walkes out you will know how far away he/she is and you can adjust your 1 pin sight and if you have done your homework and shoot your bow alot you can make a fast/cleaqn kill ! now 30 yards is my comfort zone but if you shoot great at 40 or 50 yards by all means take the shot if all the conditions are right. I shoot an older bear compound bow and have for 10 years. so if you dont like 3or 4 sight pins on your bow give this single pin sight a try . they cost about $ 20 -25 and are simple to put on your bow. by the way the pin is fiber-optic. well I hope this helps someone that loves bowhunting as much as I do !!!             

be safe and good luck this fall as soon we will be taking to the woods for another great bowseason               god bless us all 

deerhunter197279
paulie
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
03 Sep 2008 04:05 AM  
I beleive "ontarioben" has the right idea, it does work.
bowman phil
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
16 Sep 2009 10:09 PM  
try sighting in to hit the top of the bull at 20 yards and you should be dead center at 25 same with 35 45 and so on, its a little trick that i myself used just a month ago n it works great! good luck hunting n shooting
whitetail widowmaker
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
13 Jan 2010 05:29 PM  

when your shooting at 25 to 30 yards shoot a little high or a little low thats how i shoot with my ultra glow sights

Jerry
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
25 Jul 2010 05:22 AM  
I have recently finally changed over to Carbon Arrows. I have put a new sight on my bow and a new Whisker Biscuit Rest. I am going to set my sights at 15, 25, 35, 45, and 55 yards. With my old aluminum arrows I would have never taken a shot at 55 yards. I have picked up about 20 FPS with the Carbon Arrows. Is there any trick or quick way to sight in my bow at these yards. My shots are consistently off to the right. I am paying very close attention to the level that is in the sight to make sure it is straight up and down. If there is anyone out there that can give me an idea to try and fix this I would appreciate it.
bowhunterd68
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
16 Nov 2011 01:04 AM  
I agree with ontarioben... Just center where you want to hit, right between

the two sight pins that are above and below that distance.

Good luck, and keep practicing.

Dan.
PINETREE
8 Point
8 Point

--
28 Feb 2012 07:03 PM  
WELL IF YOU ARE OK AT 20 AND YOU GET FUTHER OFF TO THE RIGHT THE FUTHER OUT YOU SHOOT ITS YOUR GRIP AND OR HOLDING YOUR BOW LEVEL...DOES YOUR SIGHT HAVE A LEVEL IN IT???
MIKE EVERETT
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!