Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

thinking on a new bow
Last Post 19 Mar 2012 03:06 PM by pinetree. 18 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
huntin34
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
14 Apr 2008 03:13 AM  
I am thinking about buying a new bow.  I currently own a pse featherflite.  I am looking at getting the pse x force tree stand bow.  is there any bad experiences out there. I want a faster bow the bow I have my yardage judgement has to me perfect because the bow is so slow  that is why I am looking at the x force. I would gladly take suggestions on any bow out there.  I am also thinking about putting the new top load trophy taker drop away rest.  I have the side load and love it except you have to put the arrow in the rest and then nock it to the string.
Need a good sight
Have the tru glo 5 pin .019
bertman
6 Point
6 Point

--
18 Apr 2008 04:00 PM  
I hear good things about the QUEST bows.
S.C._DoubleLunger
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
08 May 2008 03:22 PM  
I have heard from several local bow shops around here that the x force isnt a favorable bow.  The speed of the bow seems to be overlooked by the complaints of its structure and draw-back and firing. Now I haven shot the bow so dont take this as my decleration of the my public opinion. But I have shot the new bowtech generals and airbornes and liked the bows release, overall I liked the new mathews drenalin and dxt's the best, the drawback and release are amazing among the lightweight and the overall structure i preferred the mathews, but like i said i havent shot the pse but only heard rumors, I may suggest shooting them at your local bow shop a few times, I hope this helps ya out its hard deciding whenever purchasing a new bow will cost you almost a grand.
jeff
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
08 May 2008 05:40 PM  
If your shooting deer with this one I would keep it. The bow market sucks. You spend 1000 this year and next year your lucky to get half that. Why dont bows hold value like guns? I plan on keeping mine forever. Its very tempting to swap but you loose so much money. Bows depreciate worse than cars.
NJbwhntr
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
14 May 2008 04:49 PM  
I just got the New Mathews DXT I love it may Be a little Pricey but its a great bow I went crazy with it buying options to set it up 100 times better than the pse smaller lighter and the quietest the size makes it great for shooting out of a stand if you check one out you'll like it Lifetime Guarantee you can sight this in at 20 yds and use the same pin for 35 yd shot sooooo fast accurate I paid 1600.00 but I went overboard with options well worth it
hank
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
17 May 2008 10:52 AM  
i am a member of thenj federation of sportsman clubs. as a member i found out the state is thinking about allowing crossbows . this possibly bringa another bow system into the picture. i was told this at a meeting i attended last night. my brother is currently in the process of purchasing a mathews drenalin bow. i watched the arrow flight at a bow shop and was amazed at how fast that bow was. hopes this helps you. good hunting. where in nj are you located . im from waretown in ocean county. hank krawiech@comcast.net  
tszakelyhidio
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
21 May 2008 08:29 PM  
i just bought a new bowtech tomcat and i love it its smooth and quiet and fast enough i got it all for 560 bucs beats the 7-800 range but i think ill stick with this one awhile
rnwinter
6 Point
6 Point

--
17 Jun 2008 02:29 AM  
A faster bow may not really be necessary. Think of it this way....on a camera a mega pixel such as 3.0 mega pixel will be different on a Nikon camera, or a Minolta, or any other brand. The reason: because there is no set standard among camera companies as to what constitutes a "mega pixel". With that in mind, you have to realize that speed ratings on any bow you buy will vary according to draw length, weight of arrow and tip, length of the arrow, and the draw weight it is set for. So saying; jut because it says 310 feet per second, only means the standard at which it was tested, and that is usually at 70 pounds with a 335 grain arrow.

Now, having said all that, there are a great many bow makers out there that make some awesome bows. So, my suggestion would be find a bow 'you' like, and one that is comfortable for you to draw. Just cause people tell you about bows they like, is kinda like people telling you they like Ford, Chevy, or Toyota....its what 'they' like, and not necessarily the bow that will fit you. Find one you like, look around, test a lot of them, and find the look feel and style that fits you, in a draw weight and draw that is really nice to your shoulder. Just FYI, 260 to 270 feet per second will take down almost any North American animal you can hit at 40 yards. I shoot an older style PSE at 280 fps and I can stand all day shooting it, and though its not as cool looking as others, I can do just as well as most folks. So...I hope this helps a bit.
lpd3k9
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
22 Jul 2008 03:59 AM  
Just bought a Hoyt Vulcan.  Awesome bow, pretty good speed, quiet! Can't wait for the season to get here.  Use to shot PSE, also a good bow, however, I upgraded because it was getting pretty old.  Just thought I'd put my two cents in.  Shop around and get what you want.  Shoot several before you decide.
ndbowman
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
22 Jul 2008 05:27 AM  
i bought a mathews drenlin last year hanvent tried alot of others but its definetly a cadilac compared to  the old pse outlaw i was shooting got that one used the year before  when my kids got me into bowhunting .  love the drenlin its deadly only shot i took was a double lung from 36 yards .
saxman
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
22 Jul 2008 09:08 PM  
I have a new oneida on the way.
I havent shot vertical bows in a few years due to a dialysis port in my arm
Bowhuntersrave
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
31 Jul 2008 02:13 AM  
If you are harvesting deer with your current set-up, stick with it. If you just want a new bow for the sake of having a new bow then you should go to a proshop and shoot every bow they have. When shooting them make mental notes of how each one shoots, this should help you make up your mind. I went to buy a mathews DXT and bought a leftover 07 Browning Illusion. That was the bow I liked best.
www.bowhuntersrave.com
Preserving our bowhunting heritage
Free Quaker Boy Turkey Calls Login today
kitterick
6 Point
6 Point

--
09 Aug 2008 02:54 PM  
for the money, mission bows are worth it.
DRENALIN
SIDEWINDER LX
AXIS ST
G5 STRIKER
ghost
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
28 Dec 2008 01:52 AM  
A lot of the guys i shoot with are shooting X-forces and love them. I just bought the new pse bowmadness xs last week and it shoots real nice. Its about half the price of the x-force with an IBO of 308 or 318 something like that.Mine is a 60# 29Inch draw and is shooting 264. The tree stand is an awsom bow but you need to go and shoot them all before you buy anything. Pse has a very good line up for 09.
robert.clark17
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
28 Dec 2008 05:06 AM  
i bought a bear truth 2 and love it. ive been shooting a whitetail2 for 20 yrs and was happy to see the bear line brought back. theres alot of good bows out there. just go and start shooting them out and you will know the right bow when you find it. it will be the one that feels to be natural and confortable and an extension of you.

rob
Whitetailwackmaster
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
31 Jul 2009 06:35 PM  
I picked up a Hoyt Alpha Max this spring. I had narrowed my search down to the PSE X-force and the Hoyt. After testing both I picked the Hoyt. The PSE seemed to be faster but not a whole lot. The hoyt fit my hand better and I thought it had a better draw cycle. With a Fuse quiver and  NAP drop away I spent just over $1000. On another side note....... most serious bow hunters in my area shoot a Hoyt.

Good luck!
Red
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
29 Aug 2009 12:26 AM  
I ve got a bow that you might be intrested in BowTech TomKat 06 model shoots 310 to 318 way to fast for a deer to even know when it goes off check out my site i ve got more info on it in my forums.
http://redsarchery.webs.com/
silenthunter
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
21 Sep 2009 10:15 PM  
I just got a Martin Cheetah.It is fast and quiet.Very nice bow for the price.
PINETREE
8 Point
8 Point

--
19 Mar 2012 03:06 PM  
I GOT THE PSE EVO AND LOVE IT...... ITS SUPER FAST, SMOOTH, AND QUIET... AND HAS HELPED MAKE ME A BETTER SHOOTER...
MIKE EVERETT
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!