Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

want a new bow
Last Post 25 Jan 2009 06:04 AM by Dakota Danny. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
tszakelyhidio
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
19 Jan 2008 02:46 PM  
ive got a hoyt mt sport i bought new about five years ago but now i need an upgrade does anyone know any thing about martins cheetah magnum how it shoots it all sounds good on the website but you never knnow i like short axle to axle it 30.5 and its reasonable priced at 450w/package any help would be appreciated thanks
grimreaper
6 Point
6 Point

--
21 Jan 2008 06:25 PM  
Sorry I can't help you with the Martin. The Mathews DXT is a great short ATA bow IMO. Price tag is probably a little steeper though. I think 775-850 maybe.
Only the dead have seen the end of war. Plato
Mark
8 Point
8 Point

--
07 Feb 2008 05:26 AM  
I shoot a Martin Cougar,I bought it back in the late 90's I love it. If the cheetah shoots  at all like mine you are sure to like it. Check with your dealer he should let you test it at his range. At least my dealer does.
ks_hunter
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
08 Feb 2008 04:13 AM  
i shot the martin pantara and the bengal and i loved the way both bows shot. I wish they would have had a cheetah on display so i could have shot it also. The cheetah does have the same M pro cams as the bengal the only difference between the two is that the cheetah has a shorter axle to axle length only meanin that the bengal will be a little more forgivin ( shoot tighter ) so id spend the extra 60 or what ever and get the bengal. My advise is to shot it before you buy it no matter wnat anyone says

frontrunner6
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
25 Oct 2008 12:37 AM  
i shoot an older martin cheetah and i think it alright the reason i like it is becouse its so light for the price
silenthunter
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
25 Oct 2008 10:18 PM  
I have been checking out the same bow on the net also.I have been checking prices and Bass Pro Shop and ye olde archery shoppe have the best prices I`ve seen so far.This bow does look good the way it is talked about.I would like to shoot one myself.Most of the reviews that I`ve read have been favorable.I would like to hear from someone that has one also.
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
26 Oct 2008 09:55 PM  
fred bear bows are reasonable price to, I just got the game over and love it
SOUTHERN PRIDE
shocktrooper32
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
04 Nov 2008 10:37 PM  
Martin makes a fine bow but bows are a very personal piece of equipment, Im shooting a Hoyt V-Tech and will upgrade after this season, After trying out a bunch of bows Ive decided to go with the PSE X-Force SS, Its lightning fast, super light and perfect for tree stand hunting. At 26" it actualy fits in my back pack. I plan to hold on to my Hoyt as a back-up bow nad hand it down to my son when he is older. The PSE is a little pricy but I gotta tell ya it will blow your mind on it performance.....try one out!
wtdeerhunter93
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
24 Dec 2008 07:41 PM  
I got a Diamond THe Rock and i love it. It has alot of vibration but if you get an sts system for it its perfect. Its only like 500 or so for a whole kit and is as fast as a Black Ice which is like 200-300 more.
Dakota Danny
6 Point
6 Point

--
25 Jan 2009 06:04 AM  
I would recommend that you go to as many shops as you can get to. Shoot as many bows in your price range as you can find. My ultimate bow may be the worst fit for you. It's all so subjective to feel, and draw cycle. The best you can do is to try as many as possible. Stick to your price range.

I would strongly encourage you to try the Bowtech brand. I feel that they have a line of bows with some interesting features. The quiet and smooth almost vibration free tendencies on my Guardian make it a great bow for me. I also like the split riser. That allows for me to drop the tension to make field repairs without a bow press if needed.

We can all argue about how ours is the best. I like mine for me. Find the best bow for you. Anymore they all make some great bows...good luck.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!