Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Help me find it
Last Post 26 Jul 2007 03:57 AM by rackaholic1989. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Mississippi
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
23 Jul 2007 02:57 PM  
On the old forum i read a post about a mechanical broadhead  with a piston inside it.  I cant find it now and i cant remember who made it. Does anybody know what im talking about?
"Only perfect practice makes perfect, anything else just gets you good at being bad."
Phoenix
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
23 Jul 2007 06:14 PM  
here you go, straight from 2Chucks;

Has anyone had a chance to look over the new mechanical broadhead called the "Piston Point"
http://www.pistonpoint.com/

After reviewing their website and videos, I was pretty impressed. My background is mechanical design engineering I am not a fan of mechanical heads but this one seems to make sense. I hope to get a closer look at it over the weekend. It's hard to believe that new broadhead designs keep coming out year after year and that every possible design has not already been tried but this head seems pretty unique, The only ones I can find that are remotely close were the "Blood Trailer" and the "Hawk" but I don't think either of those are made any more.

They are priced at $38 for 3 heads but lately that seems more like the norm. Their web site did make one claim that I see being made by other broadhead manufacturers which I think is bogus. They say their head "Flies Faster"........ unless they have some sort of an accelerator built in, I doubt it flies any faster than any other 100 grain head but that is how the marketing game works I guess. The web site also went to great lengths to say that this head is not a barbed head because the blades can pivot 180 which also makes it easier to remove them from a practice target. Some states still have rules about barbed heads. WI used to have such a rule but abandoned it years ago.

I am passing this on to a friend that runs a broadhead testing site/forum to see if this head will stand up to his rigorous testing. To bad I am going back to traditional archery, I think this would have been a head that is worth a try.
To Hunt or Not to Hunt, that is the question? While your pondering that, i'll be in the woods. My Values are the Army Values; Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, Personal Courage.
Pfc. Chris Smith
Mississippi
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
24 Jul 2007 06:30 AM  
Thanks Phoenix, i appreciate it. I tried to tell my dad about it and couldnt remember the name.
"Only perfect practice makes perfect, anything else just gets you good at being bad."
fla airboater
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
26 Jul 2007 03:31 AM  
Mississippi, I talked to the man that makes the Piston Points and he told me that distribution for the heads would be about a mounth away because he was tweeking the heads. That was about two weeks ago.
I have ordered two packs for this season. The Co. that I buy from is Mountian Archery. They are good at shipping and fair priced.
If you are interested the web sight is www.maketheshot.com
2chucks already listed the wed sight for Piston Point
keep on strokin
rackaholic1989
6 Point
6 Point

--
26 Jul 2007 03:57 AM  
them things are sweet..kinda expensive tho for a 3 pack
If Its Brown It's Down!
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!