Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Release trouble
Last Post 07 Aug 2007 02:37 PM by j.buck. 8 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
james buck
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
22 Jul 2007 12:57 PM  
When i got my new bow i got a release loop put on it. I have never used one of theas befor and i have never had any trouble with my release. As I pull my bow back i'll be almost at full draw and the release will let go. It has happend to me twice I keep my finger behind the triger but it still happens. i have a tru fire release and never had this problum. Do I need a new release to use a loop on my bow?
eversboys
6 Point
6 Point

--
22 Jul 2007 04:47 PM  
Make sure your release is closed all the way. My lady friend had the same problem and it was because the release wasnt closing all the way.
move once, ive gotcha
move twice, youre dead
rackaholic1989
6 Point
6 Point

--
22 Jul 2007 06:50 PM  
most or all releases have an adjustment for sensitivity on the trigger..if you close the release and look behind the trigger there should be a little allen wrench screw head..if you tighten that screw it should help to keep the release closed...you might have to play around with it to get the sensitivity how you want it but still have it tight enough so that it doesnt let go, hope that helps
If Its Brown It's Down!
rackmaster4413
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
23 Jul 2007 07:05 PM  
i would do the same thing as rackaholic
Phoenix
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
24 Jul 2007 04:05 AM  
if it is an old release, the string loop might be too thin to be grabbed by the jaws of the release. if it's a release that you have had for a while the jaws might have worked a little loose over time and might have a slight gap that would allow the string loop to slip through with enough pressure. try to get a length of loop and hold tight in one hand and attatch the release to it and pull in oopsite directions like you would draw a bow. if the loop slips through then that would be one problem. to solve that problem your best option would be to buy a new release. if you wan the cheaper route, remove the string loop and attach the release to the string(i would not reccomend this).
To Hunt or Not to Hunt, that is the question? While your pondering that, i'll be in the woods. My Values are the Army Values; Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, Personal Courage.
Pfc. Chris Smith
rackaholic1989
6 Point
6 Point

--
26 Jul 2007 03:16 AM  
did you get it working then j buck? or did you have to buy a new one?
If Its Brown It's Down!
howard
6 Point
6 Point

--
26 Jul 2007 08:59 PM  
I agree with phoenix. I had an older release and when I used it on a loop it would slip. Few turns of the allen screw and it was good as new.
Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime.
Ronald Ray Jr.
6 Point
6 Point

--
06 Aug 2007 10:14 AM  
I have a tru fire release too!!! I have not had this problem myself. But what the other guys said makes sense.

OOPS!!! Wait!!! Is the Tru Ball and the Tru Fire the same thing??? I just looked at my paperwork for it, that I keep in my bow case and I thought it was a Tru Fire, but I guess it is a T.R.U. Ball Stinger.

Well anyway, I haven't had problems with the release the I use. But what some of the others said is what the shop that I bought the release from said. They said that when I start using it if it does not seem to close or have problems with the loop staying hooked in the release until I pull the trigger, to adjust the screw behind the trigger

Ronald Lee Ray Jr.
rrjr11@cox.net
Disabled Navy Veteran
james buck
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
07 Aug 2007 02:37 PM  
Well i tryed to adjust it but it dont feel right so im just going to get a new one. Thanks for all the help
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!