Savage Arms has great news for serious shooters who want more from their modern sporting rifles. The iconic American gunmaker’s new line of next-generation semi-autos takes the popular AR platform to new heights, offering greater performance, expanded caliber choices and modern designs, plus a full suite of custom upgrades packaged as standard features.
The four-gun family, dubbed the MSR 10 and MSR 15 for “Modern Savage Rifle,” includes a pair of hard-hitting MSR 10s that make shooters’ dreams of lightweight, high-powered big game performance and long-range tactical domination a reality. The lineup’s two MSR 15 models deliver accuracy and firepower that mass-produced, mil-spec M4 clones can’t touch.
The all-new Savage MSR 10 Hunter is a compact sporting platform that still packs the punch of .308 Win., 6.5 Creedmoor and .338 Federal chamberings.
The rifle squeezes even more performance from its upgraded Savage barrel with a 5R rifling, a BLACKHAWK! trigger with nickel boron treatment, and a tough Melonite QPQ finish. Other upgrades including a freefloat fore-end, custom-forged lower receiver and BLACKHAWK! adjustable buttstock and pistol grip which turn the Hunter into the ultimate big game rifle.
Savage MSR 10 Hunter Features:
• 308 Win. (1:10-inch 5R), 6.5 Creedmoor (1:8-inch 5R) and 338 Federal (1:10-inch 5R)
• Compact AR-10 design
• 16 1/8-inch fluted barrel with Melonite QPQ finish (308 Win. and 338 Federal); 18-inch barrel for 6.5 Creedmoor
• 7.8 pounds, .308 Win. and .338 Federal; 8.0 pounds, 6.5 Creedmoor
• Custom forged upper/lower for unique look and compact size
• Free-float M-LOK handguard
• BLACKHAWK! KNOXX® AR Pistol Grip and AXIOM Carbine Stock
• BLACKHAWK! trigger with nickel boron treatment
• MSRP: $1,481